Monday 29 July 2013

One Week Left in Canada!

Hello Everyone!

So in exactly one week I will be be boarding the plane for my adventure in Switzerland. August 5th is coming up very fast!! This past month we have been blessed with incredible weather. Sunshine every day in July (I'm pretty sure that is a record in BC)!

School ended at the end of June and I have been enjoying a wonderful time with family and friends these past few weeks. Tubing up by Comox lake, going down the Puntledge River, and hiking Mt. Becher are just a few favourites! It is going to be difficult leaving this weather, but as my host sister Olive tells me that the weather in Switzerland is also very fantastic! The other day it got up to 32 degrees! I skyped with the Haymoz's (my host family) on Thursday! It was great they are so lovely I cannot wait to meet them. Olive will be going on an RYE exchange to Ecuador a few weeks after I arrive! I think she is just as excited as I am, well who wouldn't be!? Ecuador sounds incredible! 

I received my Swiss Visa in the mail 2 weeks ago and all my plane tickets have been booked for months so I am all set! All I have to do now is pack... a task I have not been looking forward to so much.

Brendon (my oldest brother) came home from the Caribbean a week ago! He was sailing from Antigua down to Grenada for three weeks (sweet life eh?). It's great to have him back at home! Alex is going back to Kewlona on Thursday for a big music festival called Centre of Gravity. I think he is going to have a blast! My friends came over a few days ago and we all hung out in the sun, baked cupcakes (more like just Gabby baked) and went to the beach.

Well I'm going to go start packing my summer clothing...
Talk to you all soon.

Ryan



Here are the pictures my friends took when them came over :P

No comments:

Post a Comment