Thursday 15 August 2013

First Week!

Hello Everyone!

I have had an incredible first week here! It is insane! I have not had one day where I was not smiling and laughing (along with eating chocolate) for the majority of the time!

So I moved to my first host family, the Haymoz's yesterday and we are having a great time! The past week I was staying with Thekla and Adrian my councilors throughout the year. We went hiking in the Alps which was absolutely incredible! We also had a dinner party nearly every night where I had my first tastes at real Swiss cuisine! Which I am now a great fan of!!

I started my language school on Monday morning in Bern (the Capital) and it has been going very well.  I am in the upper level German class (woot) and I can feel my German is improving when I talk to my host family. I can actually hold a conversation (sometimes :) ) Bern is a beautiful city, it is quite similar to Fribourg except it is on the river Aare, which is the most BLUE river I have ever seen!! Its colour is amazing! And its quite refreshing to put your feet in after a long day at school! The other exchange students in my class are awesome we are having a very good time! Today our teacher Deborah gave us the best chocolate I have ever had in my life! It was so good I can't even describe it! I wanted to buy some but when I went to the store to look at the chocolates my heart kind of skipped a beat! It is so expensive like 50 Francs for just a little bit of chocolate. So I might have to save that for a special occasion. For now I'll stick to chocolate from Migros or Coop.

I am having a fantastic time and the weather could not be better! Sun all day long for days!

Guten Nacht,

Ryan

Pictures from our trip to the Schwarzsee in the Alps:

No comments:

Post a Comment