Monday 26 August 2013

Swiss Adventures :)

Guten Abend!

So I am starting my third week in Switzerland tomorrow! I have only been here a short time but I already feel at home (something I have not forgotten to tell my host family :) ) The past few weeks have been fantastic! During the week I go to my German class in Bern and then on the weekends we have all kinds of fun! Last week our teacher Deborah ( who is awesome) threw a birthday party for a girl in our class who turned 17! She organized the 11 of us into groups and then we had to navigate throughout Bern. Our group got a little lost but it was all good fun, in the end we just went and got some pasties and coffee because we thought we shouldn't get any more lost.



Last week was really fun in school! On one of the days my friends and I were just eating lunch and then suddenly we hear a massive thunder storm and it started pouring rain!!


Not this weekend but last my host parents and I went to the Murton Classics in  the city of Murton. It was absolutely incredible! It is a chamber orchestra that played two Mozart pieces and one Schulman in a CASTLE! The evening was spectacular and the musicians played admirably! Afterwards we went to an after party that Rotary hosted on the castles' balcony. I now have a new favourite dessert :) Gâteau de Vully :) I had about 5 slices! 


The day before my host parents also took me boating on the Schiffenensee in Fribourg: absolutly beautiful!

This weekend my friends and I (on Saturday) went to Geneva for the day! It was so fun! We did a tour of the UN building which was so cool (I can write that off my bucket list)!!! The tour was great! Did you guys know that the UN building in Geneva is the 2nd largest building in Europe! Right after Versailles. After the tour we were starving so we ran around the city looking for somewhere (cheap) to eat. After lunch we went to the Jet D'eau in Geneva and some other really cool places!! 

Today school was good but on Wednesday we are doing a Swiss Cooking Class!! I can't wait, we are going into Bern with our teacher tomorrow to buy some ingredients! I can't wait. Next Monday I start my regular school in Fribourg, I got my welcome letter from the school and it turns out I will be in third year (Grade 12) for my exchange year! Kind of exciting!

Guten Nacht!!

Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, what a fabulous blog!! We are all enjoying it tremendously. Not only are the anecdotes of your time there very entertaining, but the photos add a great deal as well. Switzerland is clearly a very beautiful country and it sounds like you are having just a wonderful time! We'll look forward to following your further adventures and experiences in the coming weeks and months. Thanks for doing this!
    Tim R.
    Strathcona Sunrise Rotary Club

    ReplyDelete